Chakras are believed to contain the life force energy in the human body. The 7 main Chakras are energy centers located along the spine of the human body, starting from the base of the spine and going to the crown of the head. When a chakra is blocked (not spinning or no movement), imbalances occur in the body. This can result in dis-ease in the physical, etheric, emotional, mental and spiritual bodies.
Is a method of temporarily overcoming blockages and obstacles, I say temporarily because much deeper reflection and work is required in order to make a permanent change. What balancing regularly will do is prevent you from gathering new blockages or emotional obstacles. This is not a replacement for long term growth but is certainly a good assistant. It is one of the many ways you can help regain equilibrium on a day to day basis. The goal of balancing your chakras is to attain a fairly even flow of energy in and throughout your “bodies” for you to carry on with your daily events. It also helps you get through life’s dips and valleys in a calmer, even tempered, peaceful manner. Here are my personal choices to stay balanced.
- Reiki – Reiki raises the vibrational frequency of the body, assists the body in cleaning itself from toxins and reduces some of the side effects of drugs, pollutants and everyday stressors. Reiki works on all levels of the body: physical, etheric, emotional, mental and spiritual. Its subtle yet powerful energy supports the immune system, increases vitality and postpones the aging process. Reiki helps you relax and feel calm by enabling you to let go of anxiety, tension or daily pressures by putting you into a state of peace.
- Crystal Balancing – Crystals conduct energy and vibrate at specific frequencies. Working with crystals connects the life force (the energy) into and through our minds and bodies at the chakras, which are associated with glands, organs, feelings and thoughts. Selecting appropriate crystals can be done by identifying color or knowing the properties of each crystal. Here are a few of my favorites.
- Root Chakra – Ruby – Red – Fires enthusiasm, courage, drives away sadness and melancholy. Useful for adrenals and circulation and for protection.
- Sacral Chakra – Carnelian – Rusty color (will work well on the lower 3 chakras) – Encourages a spirit of community, lifts emotions, dispels apathy. Can be helpful for rheumatism, arthritis, neuralgia, infertility and depression.
- Solar Plexus Chakra – Amber – Orange (works well with all chakras and helps to shift stubborn blockages) – Encourages a sunny nature, self-confidence. Can help problems with the stomach and spleen, liver and gallbladder.
- Heart Chakra – Rose Quartz – pink – Gentle but firm helpfulness for openness, sensitivity and empathy. Encourages proper self-love and ability to love others unconditionally. Aids calming of stress.
- Throat Chakra – Sapphire – blue – Throat and brow chakras – aids communication with higher self. Helps to expel fears, bringing peace. Enhances ability to listen and understand as well as communication.
- Third Eye Chakra – Sodalite – Blue – Brow and throat chakras. Helps us find our ‘own truth’. Calming. Helps dispel rigid thought patterns, phobias.
- Crown Chakra – Amethyst – violet – Aids spiritual wakefulness, quietens the mind. Links to reverence for all life and high ideals.
My favorite pendulum technique is to connect with the higher self and use this intuitive knowledge to assist in balancing and clearing chakras. You can now ask your higher self to balance the chakra you are working on. The pendulum should start rotating. Do not worry if the pendulum changes direction from time to time. It will rotate clockwise when energizing and counter clockwise when removing a blockage or removing excess energy, just trust in your higher self to get it right.
A simple technique can do that doesn’t require anything except your imagination. You can use different colored lights or clothing colors even something as permanent as the decoration of a room such as paint color. You can also try meditating on a color. To use color in meditation is simple if you are able to visualize what you want. If you can’t see the color, pretend that you can or “feel” the color. Just relax and drift into a meditative state. Place your intent on each chakra in turn and slowly visualize the corresponding color spinning in that area. See the color initially as a mucky dark color slowly as the chakra starts to spin and swirl faster and faster see the color begin to brighten and become like a sparkly bright ball of light. Keep your intention there until you start to feel a release. Doing this daily can help with maintenance clearing and spiritual growth.
This is one of the most powerful and overlooked techniques for achieving balance of your chakra system. I AM nature of your multidimensional self. You are the God of your universe, so if you wish to balance your chakras just intend that it be so. There are universal laws governing the permanence of this technique. Quietly go into meditation and ask your higher self to balance and clear your chakra system. If you are sensitive to energy you will feel the results. Most importantly trust that the universe has heard and answered your request with an astounding yes.
Other Ways To Maintain Chakra Balance:
- Conscious breathing
- Guided Visualization
- Musical Composition Incorporating Potent Brainwave and Chakra Harmonics
- Physical exercises
- Positive thinking